Senior Packaging Developer – full-time – Oud-Beijerland (Rotterdam area), the Netherlands Help bring innovative food concepts to life with your prototype designs. Share your winning packaging experience with us. Are you up to our adventure?
The consumer is our boss, quality is our work and value for money is our goal. Mars operates in 180 countries and is the ambassador for our biggest global chocolate, gum confection and food brands. We aim to deliver outstanding consumer experiences with the most delicious and attractive products. We need you to demonstrate that the possibilities in packaging are endless.
Get ready to impact the world: the job
As a Sr. Packaging Developer, you’ll be responsible for Packaging Innovation by identifying and
developing packaging solutions which meet our global business and customers’ and consumers’ needs. You’ll be supporting the implementation team to prepare for successful launches within the constraints of quality, cost and timing. You’ll be working closely with the R&D team and Battlefield Development Teams in order to ensure projects meet all business objectives and are delivered successfully.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Translating insights and ideas into concepts, and pioneering new internal and external working methods.
- Understanding trade requirements, on/off-shelf, to influence the innovation program.
- Evaluating packaging materials, equipment and manufacturing processes to ensure safe quality manufacturing.
- Building and maintaining an internal and external network to remain informed about packaging science and technology.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary project meetings and acting as a technical leader in order to develop, manage and implement innovations.
Your story at Mars starts with you
Our employees are more than just employees; we’d like to call them Mars Associates. We expect you to run our business as if it were your own, because in a way it is. Creative, independent, customer-focused and action-oriented; key characteristics we’d like you to have. We also value the ability to approach deadlines efficiently in cross-functional teams and to influence others without authority. In addition, you are eager to learn a lot more and have the potential to grow within your division.
Our ideal Senior Associate:
- holds a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in packaging science, materials or industrial design;
- has 7-10 years’ experience in a multinational technical field, such as packaging or industrial design;
- Has proven experience in stakeholder management, project management and solving problems through iterative prototyping;
- masters the English language, both verbally and written;
- loves travelling around the world (20% of your time).
A job at Mars is more than just a job
Be prepared for an adventure, a journey which leads to rewriting the rules, building new solutions and creating new successes. We’d love to bring a smile to your face and add fun to your packaging journey. Working at Mars is a rewarding experience which brings great joy and the pleasure to work with ambitious Associates across all continents.
What we offer you:
- Above-average annual wages and flexible working hours
- A permanent senior position at a business unit leveraging power brands
- 25 days of annual leave & 2 collective leave days
- Fun perks, the best health initiatives and pension & retirement savings options
- Development programs, provided by our award-winning Mars University
Are you ready to join our Mars family? Enable the delivery of our innovation pipeline by providing relevant format choices to our business.
Meet us and our work by applying online using this link or the 'Apply' button. Learn more about this job by calling our Recruitment Team on +31 (0) 413 383730